2nd Grade School Supply List – Click to download MS Word file.
Patriot Program Requirements
The Patriot Program will begin in October and must be completed by the end of April. Requirement and rewards are subject to change.
- Recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Answer questions on flag etiquette (orally).
- Color the flag illustration.
- Sing or recite the first verse of ?America?.
- Name the President of the United States, the Vice President and the national capital.
- Locate the continent of North America on the map.
- Write two to five sentences about a national monument (i.e., Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Mount Rushmore, Vietnam Veteran?s Memorial, Statue of Liberty, and Jefferson Memorial).
STUDENTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO EXHIBIT APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP BEHAVIORS THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT AS DETERMINED BY EACH INDIVIDUAL CLASS.
Recognition will be given to those students who demonstrate a commitment to the Patriot Program. A Patriot Certificate will be awarded to those participants who complete at least 3 requirements. Those students who complete all Patriot requirements will receive a Distinguished Patriot Certificate.